Upcoming Resurrection of Tombstone event cancelled and event planner is jailed

A paranormal event planner and host of The Resurrection of Tombstone event was recently arrested in Georgia. The upcoming event was supposed to take place in November, on Friday the 13th.

Gary Brown was arrested on September 9 for contempt of court and for failing to pay child support. The 43-year-old former police officer is currently in the Catoosa County Jail. Brown runs Spirit Paranormal Equipment and is the host for The Resurrection of Tombstone, an event that was created to fix the relationship of the town of Tombstone with the paranormal community due to another failed event that happened earlier this year.

In May, paranormal event planner Carol Malone was arrested in Arizona for scamming people and businesses out of thousands of dollars in Tombstone. Malone scheduled multiple events and haunted tours in the historic town but cancelled the event and disappeared without issuing her guests refunds.

Malone scheduled a two-day paranormal event in the town of Tombstone that was supposed to occur from May 1 through May 3. The event called A Haunting at Tombstone was originally planned to feature various speakers, celebrities, and have haunted locations to tour and investigate. Only about a few hours of the event actually happened.

London Knight was the name that Malone gave to most of her guests and to business owners that she had venues with. The name is a stage name that Malone used when she was a prostitute and a stripper. She also used it as a pseudonym for the “Stiletto Diaries” and “Amityville: House of Lies” books that she self-published.

Malone was accused of ripping off her guests and not paying the business owners and the Tombstone locations are out of thousands of dollars owed by Malone for services, food and drinks, lodging, and tours that she promised to pay for. Malone allegedly scheduled multiple rooms at various motels and hotels for her guests to stay in this weekend, but when she arrived in town, she didn’t pay for them.

A majority of Malone’s guests and talent that showed up were expecting to be in a high-end hotel with their own room. They were told that they had to stay at a cheap motel and share rooms with other guests when they arrived. Folks paid for nice rooms but the rooms they ended up with were run-down.

Malone disappeared to her motel room at the Budget Host Inn after Erie Echo reporter John Albrecht confronted her at the Four Deuces Saloon in downtown Tombstone on Friday night. Malone got word that Albrecht was in town to do a story on her so she never participated in the first few hours of the event and was found hiding out in the bar. She spent the entire night avoiding angry guests with the help of three Arizona Ranger bodyguards. Malone eventually left in tears after Albrecht questioned her. She never showed her face again on Allen Street and she eventually cancelled the event altogether the following afternoon.

The 46-year-old eventually got detained by one of the Tombstone Marshals and cited for “theft of services” for non-payment of several locations in town. Upon leaving the Tombstone Marshal’s office, she claimed she was going to walk to the Tucson airport because no one would give her a ride. Later that night, over a dozen police reports were filed with the Marshals Office at Albrecht’s hotel, the Tombstone Grand. Officers went looking for Malone but didn’t find her at her room at the Budget Host Inn. She was later seen by several guests with a paranormal radio host from Alabama. She was spotted going in and out of his room where he was allegedly hiding her.

Tombstone Marshal John Houston said that Malone was taken into custody where she was fingerprinted on Saturday afternoon and cited with “theft of services” at the Tombstone Marshal Office. Houston said that his office is building a case against Malone and turning it over to the Attorney General’s office where she may face additional charges.

“The event happened but no one showed,” Malone claimed when she was being detained at the Marshals Office.

Gary Brown Facebook

Brown’s Facebook looks like it has been hacked with someone going as far as changing his Facebook URL to facebook.com/garyjailbird. Another event planner stated that the event in Tombstone is being rescheduled due to the locations already being booked by another ghost hunting group.

“Date change due to another paranormal company is having their event at the same time and booked most of the locations,” Becky Travis Hamm said.

It is unclear if Brown has access to the funds of the event or has issued any refunds. A lot of customers that paid to go to the event are upset because they have already made travel arrangements that are nonrefundable. Right now the November event is cancelled but it could be rescheduled for May 13, 2016.


About John Albrecht, Jr. (49 Articles)
John Albrecht has been a paranormal investigator for two decades, eleven years with his own organized team. Having had a paranormal experience in 2001, he has been looking for answers ever since. John currently lives in a haunted house somewhere in Phoenix, Arizona.

1 Trackback / Pingback

  1. Tombstone event cancelled, but rescheduled for may 2016 | Paranormal Herald Magazine

Leave a Reply